Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Illegal Alien?

This is just a quick update to ask for your prayers!

When I first arrived in Uganda at customs in Entebbe, I tried to get a standard visitor's visa for 3 months. They told me I did not qualify since I was volunteering and that I would need to apply for a work permit. So I spent $50 for a visa for one month, which is what is costs to get the usual 3 months....

And then eMi said we would try to get a visitor's pass for me for the remaining 5 months ($100). Simei, one of the eMi staff went today to apply for me. Thanks to his entreaties, they did not deny it! Hopefully I will be able to get a special pass. But they again said that I would likely need to apply for a work permit ($250). The cost is not my largest concern, but it is frustrating to continue to pay more than what others have before me. 

So please just be praying for something to work out in the next week! My original one-month visa runs out on the 22nd (I think). And the processing of a request can take time. So just keep that in your prayers!

Thanks all!

SForbes

(And now, some pictures from Nsambya Babies Home. Today was so fun with them!)


This is Peter.
That's Bri and Lockey Jackson with the kids


Dan decided to make a funny face for the picture. He normally smiles

Florence was a skilled builder with the Jenga blocks!



Moses giving the house kitty some love.

This is John.

That's Maddie Jackson with the kids

Daniel's expression is priceless here. He's the one in overalls...

No comments:

Post a Comment